Re: FRA's letter to UTU re: one-person crews [.pdf]
Author: WP
Date: 12-13-2009 - 15:00

Excellent post J. As a fellow Locomotive Engineer myself, we have jobs that are "Engineer Only" and there hasn't been a single incident that would require the need for a Conductor on those jobs. Frankly, I enjoy working alone and making my own decisions. Although I work with some fine people from train service, there is an element over there that detests the fact that an Engineer possess more qualifications and they are impossible to work with. The "in-charge" thing gets to the point where they sit there and talk more about how important they are and yet you don't need them for the particular task at hand. They literally get in the way. I applaud the FRA's decision. With PTC coming, I don't need a Conductor up on the Engine with me. When they do have a Conductor up there, they sleep. So what do I need him for? Frankly, if they were to have two person mandates, it should be another Engineer. The UTU is using the FRA as a way to protect jobs. Where I work, they are spreading lies about how the Law is requiring two person crews and how every train has to have a Conductor. Actually, UTU, every train has to have an Engineer..Sorry, but it didn't work. Way to go FRA!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  FRA's letter to UTU re: one-person crews [.pdf] OPRRMS 12-02-2009 - 11:04
  Re: FRA's letter to UTU re: one-person crews [.pdf] J 12-02-2009 - 11:21
  Re: FRA's letter to UTU re: one-person crews [.pdf] OPRRMS 12-02-2009 - 15:21
  Re: FRA's letter to UTU re: one-person crews [.pdf] WP 12-13-2009 - 15:00

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com