UP Coal and DPUs
Author: Tom McCann
Date: 12-19-2009 - 22:41

Yesterday afternoon (Dec. 18) I was driving through north Portland alongside the Union Pacific Kenton Line and noticed a couple things I had not seen before.

The first was an eastbound empty coal train waiting at CP Cully, the east end of the double track between there and CP Kenton. This was the first UP coal train I had seen in Portland in the 16 years I've lived there, and I'm not sure where it was coming from. It also had two DPUs on the rear.

Does anyone know if UP delivers to the Centralia, Wash. steam plant? I knew that BNSF has served this facility, but not UP. Or could it have been a train returning from the Roberts Bank. B.C. port facility?

Just west of there, a short westbound manifest freight was waiting for the signal at CP Kenton and, despite its short length, it had a single DPU on the rear. I've seen UP operating DPUs on manifests, but this train seemed very short to require one.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP Coal and DPUs Tom McCann 12-19-2009 - 22:41
  Re: UP Coal and DPUs theconductor 12-19-2009 - 23:02
  Re: UP Coal and DPUs - speaking of coal trains... George Andrews 12-21-2009 - 07:22
  Re: UP Coal and DPUs Tom McCann 12-21-2009 - 10:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com