Re: Trainnews Volume 3 Issue 10
Author: Spokker
Date: 01-20-2010 - 22:39

What other systems are you talking about, BOB2?

Taiwan High Speed Rail is a 208 mile system. They did 32 million riders in 2009. Up from 2007 and 2008 numbers. California High Speed Rail is projected to do 13 million in its first year and 38 million ten years in. That's not unreasonable for a system of our size.

The TGV system saw 45 million boardings by 2003 in a country of 60 million. By 2035 I bet TGV's ridership will be much higher than ours. What's this "4-19" fold nonsense?

Gilroy is expected to see 4% of daily boardings on the high speed system. Los Angeles is expected to see 12%. San Francisco and Anaheim appear to be the big ridership stations, seeing 20% and 19%, respectively.

While I think Los Angeles will probably account for more than 12% of daily boardings, I don't see that as Los Angeles "generating almost no ridership for the system."

Ridership forecasting is not an exact science unless, of course, you think they manually changed the Gilroy figure to make it look better.

[www.cahighspeedrail.ca.gov]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Trainnews Volume 3 Issue 10 Espee99 01-13-2010 - 21:09
  Re: Trainnews Volume 3 Issue 10 BOB2 01-14-2010 - 08:45
  Re: Trainnews Volume 3 Issue 10 Spokker 01-20-2010 - 22:39

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com