West Palm Beach FL Jan 2, 1986
Author: Freericks
Date: 01-30-2010 - 18:30

When I think back on the day I shot these pics and how different my life was it's astounding, but how different the world of railroading was is amazing too. I kick myself today, because the late 1980s were my "lazy-railfanning days." I would shoot what I could find very, very easily; and I wouldn't wait for much of anything.

Drove to West Palm Beach, FL (expecting Palm Beach, and found West Oakland to be honest... very poor and lots of drug dealers out on the street trying to flag me down.

First image is of a Seaboard rebuilt GP16 at the WPB station, with a track gang car house. I know that today this station has high level platforms and pedestrian bridges, so I doubt it looks much like this.

[www.railpictures.net]

Second is a shot of the Florida East Coast station and a line up of FEC power.

[www.railpictures.net]

I was staying Hollywood FL with friends, and could hear the trains on both lines from their house. Would love to go back and time and give the twenty-something me the patience to actually wait for a train (something the teenage me had and the forty-something me has).

Thanks for looking... scanning up some SP now so bring this back to hometown stuff for my next post.

Charles

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  West Palm Beach FL Jan 2, 1986 Freericks 01-30-2010 - 18:30
  Re: West Palm Beach FL Jan 2, 1986 Freericks 01-30-2010 - 18:41
  Re: West Palm Beach FL Jan 2, 1986 Steven D. Johnson 01-30-2010 - 21:32
  Re: West Palm Beach FL Jan 2, 1986 Freericks 01-31-2010 - 08:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com