Library of Congress Photos, WOW!
Author: Steve Thompson
Date: 02-01-2010 - 09:29

Don't miss the chance to view/download these images! Library of Congress Photo Collections. It is especially useful to search just the panoramas. For the most part, they are the highest resolution images by a large margin.

I just got several high resolution panoramas of Tacoma, including a great view of the Union Station, trackage, trains, and Pacific Ave., among others. One is especially welcome, an overview of the tracks into/out of the station, including the Prairie line and NP yard track crossing the mainline. This tangle has always been confusing as to its layout. The photo makes it very clear! I've placed medium resolution, restored versions on my Historic Tacoma Photos page.

The Pacific Ave. scene is really a cool find. They have it as 3 separate photos by a Tacoma Photographer by the name of Boland, who had a studio for many years. They looked to have been taken from the same spot, so I tried them with my stitching software. The resulting image is just GREAT!

I hope you enjoy these, and the hunt throught the collection, for your favorite scenes too.

Steve

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Library of Congress Photos, WOW! Steve Thompson 02-01-2010 - 09:29
  Re: Library of Congress Photos, WOW! Al Stangenberger 02-01-2010 - 09:48

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com