Re: Nevada Northern Photo Shoots
Author: California Steam
Date: 02-22-2010 - 00:06

Ok Doug I will deal with every issue you posted.

Let’s address the track from Mcgill Jct to Club 50. I walked that entire length of track from start to finish. There were 30 broken angle bars and at least 60 angle bars that were cracked but not cracked all the way through. There are some spots that look good but the majority of the line is missing a lot of ballast. There were a two broken rails and one bad sun kink as well. There is only one track guy that works for the NNry and he cant possibly fix all the problems out there, I think he still has a job unless Mark has fired him too. It is obvious to me that if you think that the track is in good shape, you really don’t know anything about track at all.
Cut and pasting an article that Mark Bassett wrote as a rebuttal to the comment that I made doesn’t cut it with me. Mark is the king fabrication of information. He has fabricated so much information thus far that he could have fabricated an entire locomotive by now. Locomotive 40 does have condemning cracked axles, how do I know this? Because I saw the report, and just because he had John Rammasch look at it and said that its ok to run is a joke. Mark might as well of had Santa Claus come down on Christmas day and look at it. Locomotive 93 is still having problems regardless of what propaganda that Mark is putting out there. It’s pounding on the engineer’s side and is using a lot of steam so something isn’t right. Mark has been known in the past of covering up problems the locomotives so as to keep his bacon out of the fire with management board.
Doug see if you can explain this to me. Why is Mark saying that it is going to cost $450,000 to rebuild 40’s running gear when it can be done for $250,000-$300,000? And what is up with this 6% extra for contingency change orders? I think something is going on with the money and it’s not good if you know what I mean. Why has every employee who has questioned were all the money is disappearing too been fired for no reason? I can think of three employees who have been fired for this and a bunch of volunteers who were asked not to come back.
Doug you are obviously someone on the outside looking in. So in the future when someone posts a comment about a railroad that portrays that railroad in a negative but truthful way and the information is coming from someone who has done track work, helped rebuild 93’s running gear, and spent a lot of time in the shop. Don’t cut and paste an article that Mark Bassett wrote to defend him because he has a bad habit of not telling the truth.
I care deeply about the NNry and don’t want to see it go under. I love the locomotives and don’t want to see them disappear from the rails of White Pine County. The fact of the matter is under Marks management the railroad is getting very close to going under despite what propaganda Marks putting out there. I guess we will just have to wait and see Doug, but when you see a post regarding the NNry in serious financial trouble you will see that I was right.

California Steam

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Nevada Northern Photo Shoots Soda Springs Kid 02-14-2010 - 21:41
  Re: Nevada Northern Photo Shoots California Steam 02-16-2010 - 22:13
  Re: Nevada Northern Photo Shoots Doug Jensen 02-17-2010 - 09:12
  Re: Nevada Northern Photo Shoots California Steam 02-22-2010 - 00:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com