Action on POTB
Author: jimv
Date: 02-19-2010 - 17:46

Very pleasant suprise as I was off roading it on a beautiful day today, between Timber and Cochran in the Oregon Coast Range. The one spot the road goes along the old SP Tillamook branch, about 3.5 miles from Timber, there was a headlight not more than 50 yards down the track. I stopped in the middle of the road and watched POTB (x-BN) 6164 SD9 with a log car, a flat car with log loader and a ballast car, move toward Timber.
As I got through to Cochran I noticed no rail traffic had been there for quite a time. Some ties on the 'Main' are still washed out, halfway in the air.
My guess is that they are backing the train as far as they can go, working on the track and removing some trees along the way. I caught the train again at Timber, tied up for lunch and a log pile along side the tracks.
I don't know how the 6164 got in this location.
Also curious as to why they have trucked 5-6 covered hoppers to Manning and rerailed them there. There was a truck air testing them today. There is still quite a string of stored chip hoppers between Manning and Banks.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Action on POTB jimv 02-19-2010 - 17:46
  Re: Action on POTB PNWR1853 02-19-2010 - 18:20
  Re: Action on POTB Joshua Kind 02-19-2010 - 20:48
  Re: Action on POTB Jesse 02-20-2010 - 18:50
  Re: Action on POTB Jesse 02-20-2010 - 18:54
  Re: Action on POTB $$$ 02-21-2010 - 19:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com