Attn: "JS" Re: Freights on Altamont Pass
Author: TRS
Date: 03-15-2010 - 12:36

To JS: Thanks for the insights you posted last Friday. On the way home from Niles Canyon Railway yesterday, we managed to see one westbound UP doublestack train on Altamont Pass. If you'd like to see the images, contact me off line at: schultzestate 'at' yahoo.com

From JS: "I live in Livermore and will say traffic varies from Sunday to Sunday. There are usually several freights on Sundays, typically the RVSJ, KMNOA and every so often a baretable move to the siding on the ex SP at Radum. There is also a local that serves a rebar factory at east Livermore, but it runs out of Newark so won't go over Altamont. BUT I have also seen Sundays where it is completely quiet other than the RVSJ, though not lately due to track work on the Cal-P. o long story short, if you spend several hours up there (I'd do noon to 5pm if you can) you should see at least a couple freights."

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Attn: "JS" Re: Freights on Altamont Pass TRS 03-15-2010 - 12:36
  Re: Attn: "JS" Re: Freights on Altamont Pass JS 03-15-2010 - 13:42
  KMNOA TRS 03-15-2010 - 14:18
  Re: KMNOA JS 03-15-2010 - 14:27

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com