Port defunds PCC (W&I, EWG) rail authority
Author: Ross Hall
Date: 03-16-2010 - 17:55

From KMAX Radio News (Colfax, WA) The commissioners of the Port of Whitman County Tuesday voted not to continue funding the PCC Rail Authority for 2010. The $15,000 in funding would have kept the agency that oversees the operation and upkeep of the Washington State Owned former Palouse River and Coulee City Railroad lines alive to seek out further funding for line rehabilitation and instead will revive the Authority next year with a $20,000 budget instead. This means that only very limited upkeep on the lines will take place this year, even though the Snake and Columbia River system will be shut down most of next year and will place nearly all grain traffic in the area on the rails for the first time since 1974. Even after next year, the PCC Rail Authority faces and uncertain future as news reported a month ago in the Lewiston Morning Tribune indicated that the WSDOT was looking at getting out of the Eastern Washington Branch line business and indicated that selling or shutting down the lines might come at some point in the future.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Port defunds PCC (W&I, EWG) rail authority Ross Hall 03-16-2010 - 17:55
  Re: Port defunds PCC (W&I, EWG) rail authority Bruce Kelly 03-16-2010 - 19:57
  Re: Port defunds PCC (W&I, EWG) rail authority dilbert 03-17-2010 - 16:50

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com