What did I miss this week? Good Railroading!
Author: BOB2
Date: 03-21-2010 - 10:39

Gone for a few days and I miss a lot of railroading.

I hope our host David Curlee and all of the folks that went railfanning up north this weekend had a great weekend? And, I see we're back on real railroad threads agains, after an interlude with what appears to be one or two unfortunate types who appear to post under about 20 different handles to spew a bunch of abuse? I see I missed some follow up, and the intent of these handfull of folks appears to be to shut down this wonderful civil discourse on RAILROADS and TRAINS, we have. That's a real shame, I hope they find a cure for their sad ferroequinephobic affliction some day.

As for RAILROADING, I went out to Arcadia, Monrovia, and Irwindale (Kincaid)on the BNSF Pasadena Sub (ATSF 2nd District) Friday, and did not see any equipment west of the River. It appears they didn't respot anything for storage when they pulled the Pine Bluff and the Boxcar from the A&A Spur.

There are probably only a few moves, if any, left on this segment of the Pasadena Sub, except the Local crew going over to In & Out. So if you see them, you'd better shoot the pictures while you can, these will be the last moves. It appears that some work on preliminary engineering may start soon on the line for construction of the Gold Line to Azusa, and then that part of the history of the LA&SGV will be done.

Does anyone know what industries besides the quarry (and any UP for the Brewery?)are still being served by the UP on the Azusa Branch? There is a bulk plastics outfit in Azusa, I believe also, is there anything more being served South of the 210 in the Irwindale area?

BOB2

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  What did I miss this week? Good Railroading! BOB2 03-21-2010 - 10:39
  Re: What did I miss this week? Good Railroading! Freericks 03-21-2010 - 18:58
  Re: What did I miss this week? Good Railroading! Dave Dodds 03-21-2010 - 19:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com