Re: Trainnews - volume 3- issue 87
Author: Tom McCann
Date: 04-22-2010 - 00:07

Surf down to the bottom of the news page and you'll find the link to the slide show.

Incidentally, I think the RDC in the slide show was RDC-1 #11. I thought I caught the number in the number board on the cab end in one of the photos.

Since Arlen brought up RDC-3 #31, here's some back story on it. If I recall correctly, it is the former Great Northern car #2350, which was GN's only RDC. GN operated it on several local routes in Montana during its first career.

This car, before its BC Rail career, was also on the Amtrak roster after a rebuild at the Reading's shop complex in Reading, Pa. In the early 1970s, RDG was still running a fleet of RDCs in SEPTA local services and on longer trips to Newark, N.J., and Pottsville and Bethlehem, Pa. They had good expertise in maintaining RDCs, which is probably why Amtrak contracted with them to work on some of their newly-acquired cars.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Trainnews - volume 3- issue 87 Espee99 04-21-2010 - 19:07
  Re: Trainnews - volume 3- issue 87 Arlen Sheldrake 04-21-2010 - 20:46
  Re: Trainnews - volume 3- issue 87 Jim Rygg 04-21-2010 - 21:16
  Re: Trainnews - volume 3- issue 87 samnberry 04-21-2010 - 21:55
  Re: Trainnews - volume 3- issue 87 Tom McCann 04-22-2010 - 00:07

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com