Re: Recent updates on STMA?
Author: Rolland A. Meyers
Date: 05-12-2010 - 20:45

I think the transfer will occur before the end of May. No telling what operational changes will happen, but I think as far as anyone knows the branch will lie idle and no more log hauling for the immediate future...but if the economy picks up they may be glad they have not torn up the rail.....YET! Plans are to keep hauling the finished product from the Potlatch Mill in St Maries for interchange with the U.P. at Plummer. I have also heard they might utilize the first class shop they have for a car repair facility?

I think the General Manager and staff will remain in place. At least that is what I have heard and I hope that is the case as they are all good people.

On one other note. Keith ("Rat") Quinn who was with the MILW when they pulled the pin in the west (1980) and hired on with the St Maries has pulled the pin himself! Rat retired on 4/30/10 after making his final Plummer turn. He went from brakie, to conductor and retired as lead engineer. Good luck to him.
Regards,
Rolland Meyers

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Recent updates on STMA? hyrail 05-12-2010 - 17:58
  Re: Recent updates on STMA? Rolland A. Meyers 05-12-2010 - 20:45

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com