Westbound Tracks
Author: jesse
Date: 06-30-2010 - 09:00

Maybe this is slightly off topic, but wanted to let readers know: There is a new railroad book project in the works: "Westbound Tracks," Volume 1 and Volume 2 (separately) that will feature dozens of mostly color photos of railroads -- tracks, trains, signals, stations, cabooses -- from three regions of the nation: the Northwest, specifically focusing on the Columbia River Gorge and Oregon's Willamette Valley; and the Upper Midwest (Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota).
Those of you who have seen my earlier books -- "Freight Weather," "Rolling Dreams," "Backwoods Railroads," will know the type of effort I am working on.
Part of my approach is to feature photos taken in the same location in different decades to show the changes to the railroad infrastructure at that particular site.
This project is dependent on funding, and so it is listed on the Kickstarter Web site, where you can see all the details. If you want to read more about this forthcoming (hopefully) book, go to Kickstarter (it's probably www.kickstarter.com) and type in "Westbound Tracks" in the project search area.
Kickstarter allows those who don't have the funds to pay for a creative project to share their ideas with others who may be interested enough to support the project with pledges. Anyway, please take a look and help spread the word if you are so inclined. THANKS.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Westbound Tracks jesse 06-30-2010 - 09:00

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com