Will UP's "Graham Line" Lose Some Of Its Usefulness?
Author: Uncle Pete
Date: 08-02-2010 - 03:59

I read on another thread where UP is shutting down their intermodal operation at Albina Yard in Portland, OR and moving operations to the ex-SP Brooklyn Yard. Is this move going to take away some of the importance of the Graham Line, i.e., the track that runs out to Troutdale along Interstate 84? For example, an intermodal train coming up from Brooklyn Yard and headed east through the Columbia River Gorge would have to run its power around its train to use the Graham Line. Highly doubtful. Sounds to me like it would be routed via Peninsula Jct. and the Kenton Line. Does anyone know how many trains, and what types, use the Graham Line?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Will UP's "Graham Line" Lose Some Of Its Usefulness? Uncle Pete 08-02-2010 - 03:59
  Re: Will UP's "Graham Line" Lose Some Of Its Usefulness? theconductor 08-02-2010 - 10:16
  Re: Will UP's "Graham Line" Lose Some Of Its Usefulness? George Andrews 08-02-2010 - 13:29
  Re: Will UP's "Graham Line" Lose Some Of Its Usefulness? zack 08-02-2010 - 17:40
  Re: Will UP's "Graham Line" Lose Some Of Its Usefulness? Graham Buxton 08-02-2010 - 17:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com