Re: "Boeing Railroadiana Show -- note to Albert
Author: Ken Shattock (KRK)
Date: 11-04-2010 - 09:12

RVJ refugee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No answer to my question?

Indeed there were excursions operated by BAERA on the SN line North of Rio Vista Junction as you allude to. Even though I have been a member of BAERA for the past forty-five years and always read the details of “The Review” each and every month, I neglected to participate in these trips. That was my fault.
Contacting a friend of mine to remind me of the great trips that were run North of RVJ before the BOD embargoed use of that line, I find out that the WP 917, the two Pullmans and the two SP coaches as well as the SL&U 751 were operated for the dedication of the Jepsen Nature Preserve.
Then there was the last ARM convention hosted by BAERA that made the trip from Cannon to RVJ.
As well as the Prairie trains and various dinners for folks from the WP (with the WP 94) and other charters. The Walnut Creek Model Railroad Society chartered several trains for their annual dinners. The last big charter was a wedding and dinner for 70 people.
So as you can see, you were right on target. I held quite lengthy discussions with several folks on the Sac_Northern discussion board at yahoogroups outlining the plans I had to make an SN video. No one volunteered any info about additional prints or films I might have made use of for my production. I’m sorry I missed out. However, I did get some positive e-mails from several purchasers who enjoyed what I threw together. So that was a good thing.
Don’t forget the Boeing Swap Meet on November 13th.. I’ll also be at the big SP&S Show in Portland on January 22md and of course, on March 12th, I’ll be at WINTERAIL for only the second time in my life.
More great historic videos for everyone to check out, including Northern Pacific STEAM, Rayonier logging operations and a NEW special treat : “San Francisco Streetcars & Cable Cars” (1940—1974); filmed by a well-known railfan on the West Coast. (FIRST time subject from ANY producer) …

Anyway, hope your question is answered. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Sir !!

Ken Shattock (KRK)

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  "Boeing Railroadiana Show & Swap Meet" Ken Shattock (KRK) 10-30-2010 - 08:47
  Re: "Boeing Railroadiana Show & Swap Meet" George Andrews 10-31-2010 - 09:37
  Re: "Boeing Railroadiana Show & Swap Meet" Ken Shattock (KRK) 10-31-2010 - 16:11
  Re: "Boeing Railroadiana Show & Swap Meet" RVJ refugee 11-01-2010 - 22:06
  Re: "Boeing Railroadiana Show & Swap Meet" albert 11-02-2010 - 23:21
  Re: "Boeing Railroadiana Show & Swap Meet" Ken Shattock (KRK) 11-03-2010 - 07:50
  Re: "Boeing Railroadiana Show -- note to Albert George Andrews 11-03-2010 - 10:58
  Re: "Boeing Railroadiana Show -- note to Albert Tom Moungovan 11-03-2010 - 15:31
  Re: "Boeing Railroadiana Show -- note to Albert RVJ refugee 11-03-2010 - 20:20
  Re: "Boeing Railroadiana Show -- note to Albert Ken Shattock (KRK) 11-04-2010 - 09:12
  Re: "Boeing Railroadiana Show -- note to Albert RVJ refugee 11-04-2010 - 18:23

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com