Re: Unstoppable
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-16-2010 - 08:37

Nothing quite like the feeling you get in the seat of your pants, as your butt muscles try to grab a hold of the seat, when you set the air, and nothing happens.............and the choo choo ain't stopping.....

Luckily for me it was on a yard cut we'd pulled from the long side of A yard to go over the Taylor hump. Where, to his credit, my "world's laziest" field man, Louie the Roach, had set a half assed heal on 3 lousy empty pigs, and the rest of the 4500 tons of the cut was bled off to hump. It's was a real long-but real fast trip down the old slide on that 2% grade from in front of the Glendale depot, down through the A yard to the hump, when the only thing holding you back is the jam on a couple of old beat up 1400's.....

Luckily, nothing was coming in at the bottom of A yard, and we slid over the hump and into the hump yard squeezers, where we came to a harmless stop.....

No feeling like it in the world when everything you were taught goes out the window..... and you get on the radio and you tell the yardmaster "you're" on a green to the hill......

As an old hoghead told me when I was still a wet behind the ears Fireman who was eager to run: "Son, they pay us the really big money not to run this train, but to stop this train....hell, any fool can run one."

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Pennsylvania man lived the drama that inspired 'Unstoppable' OPRRMS 11-15-2010 - 17:32
  Re: Unstoppable BOB2 11-16-2010 - 08:37
  Re: Unstoppable OPRRMS 11-16-2010 - 18:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com