Re: Do Not Show This Picture to Your Children
Author: OldPoleBurner
Date: 11-17-2010 - 22:27

Hey! kids aren't as dumb as we sometimes think. I found that out the hard way once, thanks to ol' Thomas there.

I had taken my five year old grandson and family, down to Felton one day to ride behind Thomas the Tank Engine, which was his favorite video to watch (he had them all). It cost a pretty penny too, to ride behind Thomas, but I thought, "what the hey, it'll make him happy."

But when we got there, I noticed a small diesel on the opposite end of the train from Thomas. Well I thought - I guess they use that to control the train while returning to Felton - backing up. Oh how smart I thought I was, to know that little tidbit - - HA !

Well, we climbed aboard an open deck gondola with sideways seats and set off down the San Lorenzo River into the redwoods. After we returned from an hours ride (about halfway to Santa Cruz and back), I took him over to see Thomas up close at the Felton depot.

That was my undoing! Mind you, he had never before been close to any steam engine - ever. But once he stood close up to Thomas, he turned and loudly exclaimed "THOMAS IS FAKE !" "I wanta ride a REAL STEAM ENGINE !" I was doomed right there! -- Just then, a Roaring Camp & Big Trees train pulled in from the hill. He repeated his demand and pointed. Well another 80 clams and we were onboard - a REAL STEAM TRAIN.

Don't ever try to fool a five year old future engineer!

It can't be done!

OPB

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Do Not Show This Picture to Your Children Marty Bernard 11-17-2010 - 19:01
  Re: Do Not Show This Picture to Your Children Severe Duty 11-17-2010 - 20:12
  Re: Do Not Show This Picture to Your Children OldPoleBurner 11-17-2010 - 22:27
  Re: Do Not Show This Picture to Your Children Marty Bernard 11-18-2010 - 08:16
  Re: Do Not Show This Picture to Your Children George Andrews 11-18-2010 - 08:26
  Re: Do Not Show This Picture to Your Children Jim W. 11-19-2010 - 05:31
  Re: Do Not Show This Picture to Your Children OldPoleBurner 11-19-2010 - 13:34
  Re: Do Not Show This Picture to Your Children - RC & BT George Andrews 11-19-2010 - 15:55

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com