Great Northern Ry’s Kettle Falls, WA Branch Book Available Now
Author: Dale Jones
Date: 11-19-2010 - 05:09

I would like to announce that I have finally completed the Great Northern Railway’s Kettle Falls, Washington Branch book.

The original scope of the book was to cover the entire Washington State portion of the line thru Kettle Falls including the Nelson, B.C. and Republic subdivisions. Since the wealth of information about the area I discovered was much larger than I had anticipated, I decided to complete the book from Spokane to Chewelah and work on the other segments north of Chewelah at a later time. The completed book is 192-pages.

This book extensively covers the history and operations of the railroad from the beginning of the line in the late 1880’s with D.C. Corbin’s building the Spokane Falls & Northern Railway until the present with a mile-by-mile examination of each location along the way. Included in the history are all the other railroads that connected with the Great Northern’s line.

There are 235 color and black & white photographs, with nearly 50 maps and a comprehensive index and reference sections of over 400 entries. Surely this book can be used as a springboard for further research into the fascinating history of the region.

The book is being offered on a DVD in Adobe Acrobat Reader.pdf format. The layout of the book is on standard 8 ˝ x 11 paper in landscape format so that it can be printed on any printer. The book comes in an attractive DVD case that will look fine on any bookshelf. The disc is LightScribe etched so there is no funky paper label on the DVD with each disc having its own unique serial number. I will also sign each DVD box. The cost is $24.95 which includes free shipping. From now until December 15, 2010 I am selling the book for an introductory price of $22.50 including free shipping. Just mention you saw the announcement here to receive your discount. I accept PayPal, checks and Money Orders. Just email me at kfrrb@hotmail.com and I will send you a PayPal invoice or let you know my address where you can send your check or Money Order.

You can check out more information about the book at www.railroads-of-montana.com. Look under the …Great Northern Railway’s – Kettle Falls, Washington Branch… link. There are some actual pages in the .pdf format that you can print to see how the book looks printed out. On that site is also a copy of the books Table of Contents and Index that you can check out to whet your appetite for what’s on the inside.

I’m sure you will enjoy the book if you have any interest in the Great Northern in eastern Washington or the Spokane area in general.

Talk to ya later,
Dale Jones
www.railroads-of-montana.com

BTW: There is also a Spokane International Railway book that should be ready soon. You can check of the specifics on the website & I’ll let everyone know when it’s ready to ship.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Great Northern Ry’s Kettle Falls, WA Branch Book Available Now Dale Jones 11-19-2010 - 05:09
  Re: Great Northern Ry’s Kettle Falls, WA Branch Book Available Now Dwight 11-19-2010 - 21:37
  Re: Great Northern Ry’s Kettle Falls, WA Branch Book Available Now Dale Jones 11-20-2010 - 03:24

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com