Re: SF Streetcars & Cablecars (new Video)
Author: Ken Shattock (KRK)
Date: 11-21-2010 - 07:59

Sorry-- nothing further to add at this time. Although there are some shots of the "white front cars" on this video. One great shot is on Columbus, where for about two blocks, streetcars and cable cars paralleled each other on the same street.

I wish I had more of Will Whittaker's motion picture films to give to the railfan community to enjoy. The following reason is why I dont, as I explained on another Discussion Board :

Will Whittaker's MANY motion pictures were either sold or given to a major video producer in Southern California. Will's widow, Anna, doesn't think it was Charles Smiley.. She says she thinks it was "Michael Clayton" from PENTREX.... Infact, "Anna" worried that fans would never see Will's films.

This is sad news because PENTREX has the reputation of "collecting" films and the railfans never see the material... Mr. Clayton is the same one who cleaned out the basement of the SP at 65-Market Street in San Francisco utilizing, I might add, some FIVE Bekins Moving Vans...

KRK

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SF Streetcars & Cablecars (new Video) Ken Shattock (KRK) 11-20-2010 - 06:02
  Re: SF Streetcars & Cablecars (new Video) synonymouse 11-20-2010 - 19:11
  Re: SF Streetcars & Cablecars (new Video) Ken Shattock (KRK) 11-21-2010 - 07:59
  Re: A Little Background on "Will Whittaker" Ken Shattock (KRK) 11-21-2010 - 08:19

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com