Re: Mexican Northwestern trip
Author: Holly Gibson
Date: 01-24-2011 - 01:28

DH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has it been all pulled up?

I'm pretty sure the tracks have been pulled up from the outskirts of Juarez (KM 572) to Nuevo Casas Grandes (KM 332), but they may still be intact from there south toward La Junta (KM 0). As you can see it the attached photos, there's supposedly an informal, amateur motor car operation that links the stations of Colonia Madero (KM 318), Anchondo (KM 315), San Diego (KM 309), Mata Ortiz (KM 301), Santa Rosa (KM 294), Rucio (KM 288), Cuevitas (KM 271), Riba (KM 260), Aguaje (KM 245), Bellavista (KM 242), Caballo (KM 2360, Cumbre (KM 225) and Aguilar (KM 223). These pictures are several years old, and I'm not sure if the "service" is still running. Other than the station names, I haven't quite figured out how to decipher the rest of the information that was painted on the end of the boxcar. It appears to be a "schedule" of some sort.

[img290.imagevenue.com] [img239.imagevenue.com]

If anyone has any information about this operation, particularly if it is indeed still running, please pass it along.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Mexican Northwestern trip DH 01-23-2011 - 19:55
  Re: Mexican Northwestern trip Bag of wind 01-23-2011 - 20:12
  Re: Mexican Northwestern trip Holly Gibson 01-24-2011 - 01:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com