Railroads of Montana 2011 Calendar Update & Looking For Marias Pass Photos
Author: Dale Jones
Date: 01-30-2011 - 11:48

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated the Railroads of Montana website and now have the 2011 Railroads of Montana calendar complete from January to June available for free download. The file is an Adobe .pdf file.

The calendar is formatted just like the original calendars I did from 1999 to 2002.

Here’s the link:
[www.railroads-of-montana.com]

Click on the 2011 Railroads of Montana Calendar page.

Here’s a list of the monthly photo captions:

January - Amtrak "Empire Builder" eastbound #8 screams along at 79 mph on the Hi-Line at Piegan in 1997 with the Montana Rocky Mountain Front of Glacier National Park in the background

February - Burlington Northern rebuilt GP39V #2968 sits out a Central Montana blizzard with the Lewistown local near the geographical center of the Big Sky State in the winter of 1997

March - Mount Penrose looms up behind BNSF GE Dash9-44CW #1103 in Great Northern
"Empire Builder" inspired colors with a westbound freight sitting in the hole at Nyack

April - Burlington Northern Santa Fe SD60M #9283 exits westbound 1,500 foot
Tunnel Q3 on the Great Falls/Billings line near Windham in 1998

May - Montana Western GP-9 #201 with Rarus Railway train traversing in front of extinct
mine heads on old Butte, Anaconda and Pacific rails to the concentrator in Butte

June - In the early "Rainbow Daze" after the Burlington Northern merger, locomotives from the former Great Northern, Northern Pacific and CB&Q soak up the summer sun at Whitefish in 1970

I’ll try to get the rest of the year as soon as possible.

Also – I’m working on my expanded Marias Pass book and am looking for any Great Northern photos between Whitefish and Browning and any contemporary photos of BNSF taken from the Glacier National Park southern boundary trail. This trail runs along the Middle Fork from Belton to Essex on the Glacier Park side of the river.

So...if any of you railfan’s are big hikers and are not afraid of bears and have hiked this trail and captured shots of the BNSF from this trail…I would DEFINTELY be interested!

Maybe you have some other "Off the Beaten Pass" Marias Pass photos? I have plenty of the usual angles and locations. Please let me know if you have any new and unusual images.

Talk to ya later,
Dale Jones

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Railroads of Montana 2011 Calendar Update & Looking For Marias Pass Photos Dale Jones 01-30-2011 - 11:48

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com