Re: Red Arrow Brill-Liner Upper Darby PA May 1976
Author: Tom McCann
Date: 02-14-2011 - 12:36

I looks to be just a clever photo angle. The billboard is actually on the side of the street behind the Brilliner, but Drew's perspective makes it appear as though it's attached to the streetcar.

I have a couple similar types of photo from several years past...

At Vader, Wash. along the BNSF Seattle Sub, I had photographed Amtrak Cascades #500 passing the interlocking there, and didn't realize until after I took the shot that my photo angle made it look as though the lineside signal gantry was rising from the roof of the NPCU, like a pair of "rabbit ears". I posted the photo online with the caption title "The Energized Bunny"...

On Christmas Day 2001, I was on the platform at the NYCTA Coney Island subway terminal on Stilwell Boulevard, and photographed a work train passing through the station with a converted subway car in the lead. As I reviewed the photo after shooting it, I realized that the photo angle included the ferris wheel along the Coney Island boardwalk, but made it look like some kind of weird antenna on the front of the work train.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Red Arrow Brill-Liner Upper Darby PA May 1976 Drew Jacksich 02-14-2011 - 00:23
  Re: Red Arrow Brill-Liner Upper Darby PA May 1976 Bill Kohler 02-14-2011 - 06:10
  Re: Red Arrow Brill-Liner Upper Darby PA May 1976 P.Kepler 02-14-2011 - 09:38
  Re: Red Arrow Brill-Liner Upper Darby PA May 1976 George Andrews 02-14-2011 - 11:53
  Re: Red Arrow Brill-Liner Upper Darby PA May 1976 Tom McCann 02-14-2011 - 12:36
  Re: Red Arrow Brill-Liner Upper Darby PA May 1976 Bill Young 01-23-2015 - 16:27

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com