Re: Winterail
Author: Bruce Kelly
Date: 03-02-2011 - 12:46

Some very good presenters and topics. Tim Repp alone should be worth the price of admission. One of the best shooters the West has ever seen, and an especially fine technician in the art of black & white. Crisp focus, great composition, full tonal range. He manages to either find locations most folks have never seen, or shoots familiar locations in a fresh and different way. Hardly an issue of CTC Board or Pacific News (later Pacific Rail News, then Rail News) went by without one of his stand-out pictures. I remember reviewing his "Mainstreets of the Northwest," saying it was the finest B&W book of railroading since "Wheels Rolling...West," or something like that. Without knowing it at the time, Tim and I shot the exact same angle at the wooden trestle outside Tunnel 4 on UP's SI route below Moyie Springs, Idaho, just days apart in the summer of 1988. My shot later wound up in an article in Railfan & Railroad; Tim's shot wound up in his book. When we got his feature article on Stevens Pass a few years later, his photos, captions, and manuscript were perfect. The work of a really proficient researcher and writer, on a subject he seemed to know very well.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Winterail david vartanoff 03-02-2011 - 11:20
  Re: Winterail OPRRMS 03-02-2011 - 11:37
  Re: Winterail Bruce Kelly 03-02-2011 - 12:46
  Re: Winterail Tom Moungovan 03-02-2011 - 13:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com