Re: West Spokane
Author: S. Thomas
Date: 03-20-2011 - 14:53

The Union Pacific's West Spokane Yard (I've never heard it referred to as "Kendall Yards" until the stop and go development company came around)was long gone before I ever came about, but I did spend some time tromping around the place as a kid. In addition to the bridge abutments, I distinctly remember the foundations of the turntable and roundhouse. These were at the west end of the yard. There was also some other foundations, also at the west end of the yard, but I couldn't identify them. Lots of cinders around. I'm sure with the developments, even these are long gone. I also remember hearing from an old timer that it was a miserable place to work in the winter, with the cold winds coming up off the river. Unfortunately, I never did take any pictures of even the remains. As a kid on budget with a 35mm camera, I had to pick and choose the things I took pictures of carefully.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  West Spokane Tabasco 03-20-2011 - 14:26
  Re: West Spokane S. Thomas 03-20-2011 - 14:53
  Re: West Spokane Butler 03-20-2011 - 15:16
  Re: West Spokane PNWRailfan 03-20-2011 - 18:02
  Re: West Spokane Phatbouy 03-21-2011 - 16:17

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com