Re: Last Starlight detour now 4/14
Author: Mistertower
Date: 04-12-2011 - 16:14

That is why I booked one of the earliest detour trips. I learned a long time ago, that if you go on one of the first ones there is, your chance to do it as planned is high. I went on Thursday March 30th. Yes, my ride over the Tehachapi was at night, but I had signed up for the PRS trip that following weekend anyway and I knew I would see and ride a line in daylight that I had not ridden in 32 years! My main objective on this trip was to ride and see the UP Fresno Sub., go around the wye at Lathrop and ride the Mojave Sub. from North Bakersfield to Kern Jct., all territory I have never ridden before and yes, it was all in daylight! However, even the ride over Tehachapi Pass at night was a unique experience, and I learned where the highway was in relation to the R.R., something that is hard to do in the day. I always enjoy learning where things are, even if not R.R. related! B.T.W. if the guy who was standing on the remaining Passenger platform at the Kingburg Depot is reading this, I got a good shot of that Depot with you standing there. Yes the Depot and platform are still there, although not on the mainline, but next to the house track. That was the only depot I saw on the route with its passenger platform still intact.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Last Starlight detour now 4/14 OPRRMS 04-12-2011 - 12:07
  Re: Last Starlight detour now 4/14 Severe Duty 04-12-2011 - 12:22
  Re: Last Starlight detour now 4/14 Mistertower 04-12-2011 - 16:14
  Re: Last Starlight detour now 4/14 SF3751 04-12-2011 - 21:41
  Re: Last Starlight detour now 4/14 BOB R 04-13-2011 - 17:53
  Re: Last Starlight detour now 4/14 Mistertower 04-13-2011 - 19:42

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com