Bill, Wyoming
Author: Tom Moungovan
Date: 06-03-2011 - 08:20

Recently, both John West & Dave Curlee provided me with information for traveling in the coal region of Eastern WY. Both had recommended staying at the Oak Tree Inn in Bill. I'm happy to say that our family overnighted here last Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed our time. Both the Inn and next door Penny's Diner were kept extremely clean. The food offered in the diner qualified for the very best of road food.
Lot's of continual action here as many of you already know, the trains run almost like streetcars and access is pretty decent. 3 parallel mains South of Bill and 4 North of there. Really incredible. I caught a couple hours of decent sunlight before the weather reverted back to what you have been seeing on the news, really awful.
We also rode behind former Rayonier 2-6-6-2T 110 at Hill City, SD on the Black Hills Central. Don't miss this if you are anywhere in the area.
I'm posting this from Milwaukee where we are visiting with oldest daughter. Did visit the National Railway Museum in Green Bay yesterday. Thought it was well worth the time and price of admission. Most of the locomotives and cars are under cover. They offer a ride around the grounds behind an Alco S-2 and the extra fare $3.00 to ride in the engine was worth it. Long time since I've been in an older Alco, a really nice experience.
They have an ATSF 2-10-4, a C&O 2-8-4, Milwaukee 2-6-2, a GP-30 and others. The indoor exhibits and dioramas are well done.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Bill, Wyoming Tom Moungovan 06-03-2011 - 08:20
  Re: Bill, Wyoming Rich Hunn 06-03-2011 - 17:25
  Re: Bill, Wyoming Mistertower 06-03-2011 - 20:27
  Re: Bill, Wyoming Tom Moungovan 06-03-2011 - 20:27
  Oak Tree Inn at Bill John West 06-04-2011 - 10:01
  Re: Oak Tree Inn at Bill up833 06-04-2011 - 16:15
  Re: Bill, Wyoming OTI Info 06-04-2011 - 19:00

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com