Re: Puget Sound & Pacific Railroad
Author: George Andrews
Date: 07-25-2011 - 15:47

Puget Sound & Pacific bases their operations out of Elma, WA., just North of where S/R 8 from Olympia merges into U.S. Hwy 12 out of Centralia. PS & P has their own junction in Elma, with lines running Southeast to Centralia, West to Aberdeen & Hoquiam, and Northeast to Shelton & Bremerton, WA. PS & P has a small yard & locomotive maintenance shop here, as well as their general offices. The line West of Elma to Aberdeen is mostly in view from Hwy. 12; the RR ducks under from the North to South of the Hwy just West of Cosmopolis. The EwePee units Tom mentioned as being visible in Centralia are used on unit potash trains to Port of Grays Harbor in Aberdeen. I don't know if the EwePee power goes all the way to Aberdeen;in my past visits there I usually saw PS & P's rainbow of 4 axle units on the unit trains. A really cool swing bridge across the Wishkah River in Aberdeen is used by these unit trains to access the Port. There is also a lumber reload in Hoquiam. I do not know much about day to day scheduling; suggest a polite inquiry @ the Elma offices.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Puget Sound & Pacific Railroad Marty Bernard 07-24-2011 - 17:26
  Simpson d 07-25-2011 - 10:12
  Re: Puget Sound & Pacific Railroad Tom McCann 07-25-2011 - 12:20
  Re: Puget Sound & Pacific Railroad George Andrews 07-25-2011 - 15:47
  Re: Puget Sound & Pacific Railroad Marty Bernard 07-25-2011 - 18:22
  PS&P train at Shelton, WA June 22nd, 2011 Drew Jacksich 07-26-2011 - 15:41
  Re: PS&P train at Shelton, WA June 22nd, 2011 Tom McCann 07-26-2011 - 23:17

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com