Re: Crowded?- Not Here- No One Rides Trains in America!
Author: OldPoleBurner
Date: 08-05-2011 - 19:09

Funny how you just insist that I am a "tea bagger" or a "Christian" or something, because of some wording I used.

Have the "tea baggers" mentioned anything about procurement laws being inept and corrupting? Do they even care why public transit is in deep trouble, or would they just as soon kill it anyway? Do they even notice it exists? How would they even know of the stupidity and corruption of the public good, that an industry insider would unavoidably see? Yet you seem to think my view is somehow related to them. A most unlikely thought indeed.

So I wonder what else I might be. Gee - just say the right words - and I could probably fool anybody into thinking I'm anything I want them to think I am. What amazing power is in a word! Just think what a President with that ability could do. Maybe I should run, now that I know how to play that game. Or are most people smarter that that - smarter than to apply silly stereotypes such as this. But apparently, stereotyping is still in vogue with some factions.

I gather that you actually heard Sara Palin use the term "You Betcha". I wouldn't know, I didn't hear that. But it is a common enough term out west. Oh my, are we all tea-baggers then? Oh parish the thought - horror of horrors! Oh yea, I almost forgot. There was a time when, if you said the term "comrade", also a common enough term at the time, you were branded as a "pinko commie". I guess McCarthyism is still alive and well!

I once walked out of a college poli-sci class, because the instructor insisted that I believed in a certain thing, based upon my believing something else not related to it. He actually refused to hear differently. I took a third of the class with me. It was very fortunate - we landed a much better teacher, and received a truly classical political and philosophical education - and a truly liberal one at that - sans the stereotypes.

While I have had little interest in the so-called (a media stereotype again) tea party movement, and utterly cannot stand Sara Palin (she oooozes with too much syrup - never did understand what the hell McCain was thinking), I nevertheless respect their right to their opinions. They are no more valid or invalid than anyone else's (except maybe mine that is - hehe) I gather you don't respect diverse opinion much at all.

And while I pay little notice to tea party politics (who actually are they anyway?), I will admit to being Christian. So is there now something wrong with that?! Or are you just anti-christian in general. Or, I'm guessing here, you just don't like the evangelicals, or other fundamentalists, as you deem them to be right-wingers.

My christian religion is literally the antithesis of fundamentalism, and so is my politics; but big fat hairy deal! So What! We all have the right to decide for ourselves what we believe and what our opinions will be - without any judgment from others. But I guess there are still those in America that do not care to adhere to that concept.

Well enough of defending against the personal attacks already - think anything you like - it gets tiresome anyway.

I've made my point, and my testimony of it stands on its own merit. I was there. If you were there and didn't see it - it has to be ostrich feathers - or perhaps you were all in favor of the "game", thus part of the problem. Every one in every office I have worked in, has complained for years about all the silly gov't hoops that run costs up though the roof, except the politicians among us. But no one ever could do anything about it. Meanwhile, a lot more miles could have been built, but were not, and won't be! And that does not serve the public good one bit.

Like it that way; then go vote your way. I don't like it one bit; and will go vote my way - if I could just figure out who will actually do anything about it. So far, that leaves out Demicans and Republicrats - Oh gee, I wonder what that phrase will brand me as. I don't remember where I heard it.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Crowded Train Jack 08-05-2011 - 04:16
  Re: Crowded Train 1stcajon 08-05-2011 - 08:55
  Re: Crowded Train !stcajon 08-05-2011 - 08:58
  Re: Crowded?- Not Here- No One Rides Trains in America! BOB2 08-05-2011 - 09:40
  Re: Crowded?- Not Here- No One Rides Trains in America! OldPoleBurner 08-05-2011 - 11:40
  Re: Crowded?- Not Here- No One Rides Trains in America! Will 08-05-2011 - 13:42
  Re: Crowded?- Not Here- No One Rides Trains in America! OldPoleBurner 08-05-2011 - 15:26
  Re: Crowded?- Not Here- No One Rides Trains in America! Rail Fan 08-05-2011 - 16:55
  Re: Crowded?- Not Here- No One Rides Trains in America! OldPoleBurner 08-05-2011 - 19:09
  Re: Crowded?- Not Here- No One Rides Trains in America! Rail Fan 08-06-2011 - 17:41
  Re: Crowded Train Shannon 08-05-2011 - 13:47
  Re: Crowded Train Reader 08-05-2011 - 14:08
  Re: Rail Fan???? Or Congressman??? BOB2 08-08-2011 - 00:22
  Re: Rail Fan???? Or Congressman??? I'll take congressman 08-08-2011 - 07:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com