Eureka and her rainbow
Author: Kevin Madore
Date: 08-23-2011 - 08:02

Eureka & Palisade #4 was once again the "Belle of the Ball" at the annual D&S Railfest this year. On Friday, she made a one-way trip from Durango to Silverton and was scheduled to be featured in a night photo shoot in front of the Silverton Depot that evening. For most of the day, the weather was cloudy. Then in the afternoon, thunderstorms moved across the San Juans. By the time Eureka arrived in Silverton, it was pretty wet. Things were not looking good for the evening photo shoot until around 6:15, when some clear sky began appearing to the west. Within minutes, the sun was poking through and suddenly, this pretty scene developed:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=372810&nseq=0

Needless to say, the night photo shoot went on as scheduled. I was fortunate to be able to ride the trip back to Durango the next day. I still need to dig into the take from this trip, but I think this shot pretty much sums things up!

/Kevin

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Eureka and her rainbow Kevin Madore 08-23-2011 - 08:02
  Re: Eureka and her rainbow M. Harris 08-23-2011 - 09:25
  Re: Eureka and her rainbow BOB R 08-23-2011 - 10:26
  Re: Eureka and her rainbow Margaret (SP fan) 08-23-2011 - 22:14

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com