Re: Transcon obsevations
Author: almo
Date: 08-24-2007 - 23:36

When my father got his first camcorder, it was used first to record a trip he made with my mother about fifteen years ago. It was great that they were able to visit Barstow, Flagstaff, Salt Lake City among other things non-railfan. As you can guess, most of the raw footage taken on this vacation was of the train variety.

Flagstaff was a hoot. My dad set up the tripod on a loading dock in town (the rails to service the dock were pulled up), and obviously set up on the wrong side of the tracks. As a sweeping view of an eastbound appeared, a westbound would come into view, and pass it about 600-700ft east of where the camera was located. This not only happened once or twice, but eight times in a row! These trains passed at the same location, and the frequency of the traffic was timed perfectly as opposing trains passed each other down the tracks.

The best part of the video was after each train passed, you could hear my mother in the background saying "Are you done yet?". LOL

almo

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Transcon obsevations Vance Pomerening 08-24-2007 - 13:20
  Re: Transcon obsevations almo 08-24-2007 - 23:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com