Re: The Voice of the MILW Little Joes
Author: Z-train
Date: 10-24-2011 - 20:05

Matt:

Sorry, I have to disagree with a statement early in your statement that when someone mentions Milwaukee Road, electrics come to mind. I lived in Milwaukee and Madison during the Milwaukee Road's final years in the early 1980s. For me, the Milwaukee Road was Chicagoland commuter trains, the hump yard in Milwaukee, SD40-2s, urban trackagage serving breweries, the crossing of the Northwestern on Lake Mendota in Madison and four sd10s pulling a freight into Madison on a freezing February night.

Since then, I rode several excursions behind 261 and last year, rode in a Milwaukee dome car on a Minneapolis - Winona excursion.

In 2003, I explored by car, foot and bicycle the Lines West in Montana and Idaho and was sorry that I was 30 years too late to see the electrics in action.

I really did enjoy your video. Your E2 horn is the nicest single-chime horn I've ever heard.

The video also nicely complements the Tide-Mark 2012 Milwaukee Road calendar I purchased yesterday. I think you would enjoy this calendar, too, as it has four scenes of Milwaukee Road electrics including one of a Little Joe.

Thanks for sharing your creative video with us.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The Voise of the MILW Little Joes Matt Farnsworth 10-24-2011 - 09:39
  Re: The Voice of the MILW Little Joes Matt Farnsworth 10-24-2011 - 09:40
  Re: The Voice of the MILW Little Joes Tom Moungovan 10-24-2011 - 11:26
  Re: The Voice of the MILW Little Joes Butler 10-24-2011 - 17:30
  Re: The Voice of the MILW Little Joes Z-train 10-24-2011 - 20:05
  Re: The Voice of the MILW Little Joes Marty Bernard 10-25-2011 - 05:29
  Re: The Voice of the MILW Little Joes S 10-27-2011 - 10:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com