Check out images.google.com
Author: UJ Envy III
Date: 11-25-2011 - 22:47

That is a gorgeous picture, Drew. I'm going to use it as a starting point to show how images.google.com can be used to find similar pictures.

1. Copy the image's address. [farm8.staticflickr.com]

2. In your browser, go to images.google.com.

3. At the right hand side of the search box, click on the pale blue camera icon. This opens the "Search by image" window.

4. Paste the image address into the search box in the "Search by image" window. Note that at this point you can alternatively specify the path to an image on your machine.

5. Click Search. My result was shown here: [images.google.com].

You can stop here, or you can go on. For this demo, let's go on to the first item listed, [kerrycharves.com]. That picture in the upper left corner sure looks like Drew's thst we started with.

But let's not stop here. About halfway down the right column there's as smokin' Cab Forward I'd like to see as a larger image. OK, here we go (again).

1. Copy the image address: [kerrycharves.com].

2. Go to images.google.com, click the camera icon, paste the copied url, and click Search. My result is at [images.google.com].

3. Let's again pick the first item in the list, [www.steamlocomotive.com].

4. As you scroll down this page, you may say something "Where's the photo?", because you won't see it. But, being resourceful, you,ll start checking some of the links. At the bottom of the page you'll eventually try the "AC-10 4206 (Roseville, CA, Walter R. Evans photo)" link and see the photo you were looking for.

Be aware that images.google.com isn't always this good. I expect it'll get better, just as Google itself has.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Drew Jacksich Drew Jacksich 11-25-2011 - 16:57
  SP #6453 at Martinez Febryary 12, 1971 Drew Jacksich 11-25-2011 - 16:59
  Re: SP #6453 at Martinez Febryary 12, 1971 Paul Kepler 11-25-2011 - 18:50
  Re: SP #6453 at Martinez Febryary 12, 1971 Dragoman 11-25-2011 - 19:17
  Check out images.google.com UJ Envy III 11-25-2011 - 22:47
  Re: Check out images.google.com Graham Buxton 11-26-2011 - 05:03

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com