Re: Hearing highlights doubts about CA high-speed rail
Author: BOB2
Date: 12-17-2011 - 10:33

The CHSRA folks looked like idiots in the piece I saw on this. It would appear that Boxer and Feinstein are still pressuring FRA, and with no attempt to even come up with an effective plan B this project maybe already doomed.

I'd fire the management team for sheer incompetence, which is real enough, but they continue to defend the gold plated design on the ludicrous politically mandated "performance" requirements imposed by their legislative supporters, like Galgiani.

Some at the State level clearly want to rewrite the legislation, and take a time out for a do over, with real planning and real project development on realistic options. Unforntunately, with the continuing pressure from our two idiot US Senators, FRA has consistently refused to consider options which might save the funds and put them to use on the list of real HS and IC projects that would benefit CA with jobs and better rail sevice today.

And, my criticism is not that of a teabagger who hates all government, I think we would benefit greatly from a cost effective HSR component to a fully integrated regional, IC, and HS passenger rail system in CA. But, it would appear now, that despite the clear evidence of repeated failure, most of the folks still offering unwavering support for CHSRA's continued gold plated incompetence, might appear to be motivated by plain old fashioned political corruption.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Hearing highlights doubts about CA high-speed rail Jon 12-15-2011 - 14:14
  Re: Hearing highlights doubts about CA high-speed rail BOB2 12-17-2011 - 10:33

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com