Re: The Pere Marquis (The Christmas Steam Locomotive)
Author: almo
Date: 12-26-2006 - 01:06

Merry Christmas Coleman.

There was an issue in Trains magazine about the making of the 1225 into a digital steam locomotive a couple of years back. Quite a story that the locomotive was saved from scrapping because of it's number (12-25, Christmas Day). That issue should be still available if hobby shops in your area provide an already-read-magazine section. I know that it's hit or miss regarding getting a copy, but the story is sure worth the read.

There was a section of the article that was how the movie animators were calling on the phone to inquire about the shape of coal, and how it would move if something was sliding down a pile of it.

I got to watch "The Polar Express" in an IMAX-3D theatre last Boxing Day (I don't know if Americans celebrate the day after Christmas- But the bargoon hunters up here relish in all it's sales glory). If you have a 3-D theatre anywhere near you, check to see if the movie is playing and try to see it. I was blown away by the movie in 3-D. I am literally speechless about seeing it in that format.

almo

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The Pere Marquis (The Christmas Steam Locomotive) Coleman Randall 12-25-2006 - 01:38
  Re: The Pere Marquis (The Christmas Steam Locomotive) Larry W. Grant 12-25-2006 - 02:53
  Re: The Pere Marquis (The Christmas Steam Locomotive) almo 12-26-2006 - 01:06
  Re: The Pere Marquis (The Christmas Steam Locomotive) douglasm 12-26-2006 - 17:00
  Re: The Pere Marquis (The Christmas Steam Locomotive) Chuck Julian 12-15-2007 - 13:11

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com