Re: Los Angeles Div. Locals in the 80s - "All Cities" at Rialto
Author: Gary Hunter
Date: 02-18-2012 - 13:54

Except for the locomotive/caboose set, and the train length, this could be a scene out of hundreds of memories I have of the PE San Berdoo in Rialto. I grew up in San Berdoo and Rialto as a kid, and used to savor the days the local would stop at Lilac Park and switch Rialto Lumber. Little did I realize then that I had only missed seeing this as an electrified operation by a scant 5 years. This remains--to the best of my knowledge--the only active remanant of the PE in all of San Bernardino County. I wish I had photographed the SW9s and cupola cabooses when I was able. I have memories of Rialto Ave cantilever interlocking signals, Arrowhead Springs "water trains", and once even observed the Rialto Sunkist packing house being served by the stub remnant of the Riverside line, with the wye still fully intact, of which a small remnant can be seen on the left of pic#3.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Los Angeles Div. Locals in the 80s - "All Cities" at Rialto Pdxrailtransit 02-18-2012 - 12:22
  Highgrove, California - Not Beautiful Anymore Pdxrailtransit 02-18-2012 - 13:07
  Re: Highgrove, California - Not Beautiful Anymore Hutch 7.62 02-19-2012 - 10:29
  Re: Los Angeles Div. Locals in the 80s - "All Cities" at Rialto Gary Hunter 02-18-2012 - 13:54
  Thank you Gary Pdxrailtransit 02-19-2012 - 11:40
  Re: Los Angeles Div. Locals in the 80s - "All Cities" at Rialto Freericks 02-19-2012 - 09:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com