Re: DOL fines UPRR $25,000 in unusual "whistleblower" case
Author: My favorite Sound Bites
Date: 03-19-2012 - 07:50

Some of the highlights I found interesting:

"His supervisor, a railroad official separately named in the complaint, used threats and intimidation to dissuade the engineer from seeking or gaining access to medical care during his shift. The official is being ordered to pay a portion of the punitive damages to the employee for his callous disregard of the employee’s rights. The official is being ordered to pay a portion of the punitive damages to the employee for his callous disregard of the employee’s rights."

"Because the railroad refused to agree to refrain from retaliating against the complainant, no settlement was reached."

"This action follows two previous orders issued by OSHA’s Seattle office to Union Pacific Railroad in 2010 and 2011, respectively, for retaliating against employees who had reported work-related injuries."

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  DOL fines UPRR $25,000 in unusual "whistleblower" case OPRRMS 03-17-2012 - 22:46
  Re: DOL fines UPRR $25,000 in unusual "whistleblower" case George Andrews 03-18-2012 - 10:38
  Re: DOL fines UPRR $25,000 in unusual "whistleblower" case My favorite Sound Bites 03-19-2012 - 07:50

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com