Re: Locomotive Simulator - No Microprocessors
Author: SP5103
Date: 04-01-2012 - 13:25

There was a second caboose mounted on hiway wheels for training. I took a class in it in the early 1990s in North Dakota. There were a couple control stands. I remember a Lionel train connected to them running around the cupola. There were a couple sets of AB equipment down the middle of the car with gauges connected to all the various reservoirs so you could observe the various pressures. The air brake arrangement did have some educational value, but the control stands didn't prove to be much.

THere was one comment about air that has stuck with me all these years - The one time the engineer has no control over the train is when it is an emergency application has occured. That is very true, except for bailing off the engine brakes or maybe havinga pcs delay or keeping dynamics, you are pretty much stuck riding it out regardless of hitting anything or watching cars roll over.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Locomotive Simulator - No Microprocessors Pdxrailtransit 04-01-2012 - 11:39
  Re: Locomotive Simulator - No Microprocessors Brian 04-01-2012 - 12:46
  Re: Locomotive Simulator - No Microprocessors SP5103 04-01-2012 - 13:25

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com