Vancouver Trash
Author: almo
Date: 10-08-2007 - 21:02

As some of you might not know, Vancouver, BC is three months into it's City Worker's strike. A mediator today broke off talks between both sides and was noted as saying to the media "I'm all spent. I've done all I can do here.". Three solid months into it, and no signs of peace.

Anyways, Im wondering where all this overflow garbage is going. The residents of Van-City are taking their trash to transfer stations and other places on thier own. I have noticed a small increase in the amount of Rabanco containers in town, but not to the extent that would even make a dent in our garbage problems. Noticed a lot of containers (more than usual) in Everett, WA. Is there some dedicated service going on here? The Langley transfer station close to one of my suppliers is a solid 1/2-3/4 mile of dumpers waiting their turn on the weekdays. If I can recall, Rabanco containers are used at this facility - like said before, not really any more than what can be called "non-strike-levels" for this very small facility. So how does it cope?

almo

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Vancouver Trash almo 10-08-2007 - 21:02
  Re: Vancouver Trash Sonny 10-09-2007 - 05:45
  Re: Vancouver Trash almo 10-09-2007 - 21:39
  Re: Vancouver Trash Mike Swanson 10-10-2007 - 17:35

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com