Re: Space Shuttle collides with NYC railroad bridge
Author: Gulch
Date: 06-04-2012 - 19:52

Indeed - The 'A' Train runs out there to Rockaway.

Back in my college days, as part of an architecture course, we made a trip to Broad Channel and the nearby Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge. Interesting place, Broad Channel, reminded me of Hoquiam. Sort of a tenous built up environment trying to make peace with the sea. Very friendly too. A year later Hurricane Gloria brushed that area and did a bit of damage.

In my opinion the best trains were the one that ran above ground. The views are phenomenol going over the East River or just through the neighborhoods. And riding the train through marshland or over open water was almost surreal. One of the most thrilling was riding the 4 under the East River at what seemed like 70mph - I never got tired of that and if you ever get a chance - Do it! It's freakin' cool!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Space Shuttle collides with NYC railroad bridge Graham Buxton 06-04-2012 - 17:57
  Re: Space Shuttle collides with NYC railroad bridge The Wheelhouse 06-04-2012 - 19:28
  Re: Space Shuttle collides with NYC railroad bridge Gulch 06-04-2012 - 19:52
  Re: Space Shuttle collides with NYC railroad bridge NWPrailfanZMT 06-08-2012 - 02:31

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com