Re: Some senators push for shift in bullet train plan
Author: BOB2
Date: 06-27-2012 - 15:01

I wonder who came up with this strange notion of a "Plan B"?

At any rate, just wait until after the election, no matter who wins.......

There will probably be very substantial HSR priority revisions, to the whole current still shaky, poorly planned, and still un-ready and not very cost effective "super" high speed vision.

The Local Agency MOU's are just phase one of that Plan B rethink. This first act technically will make a number of route segments, now used by regional agencies, eligible for Federal funding from HSIPR and State bond funds, by 2020.

This post election scenario will also likely involve reprogramming much of the currently highly endangered Federal ARRA HSR funds to fast tracking the long planned and cleared list of "real" shovel rail ready projects, which are ready to go in the LOSSAN, Caltrain, San Joaquin, and portions of the Capitol corridors. This would include a number of speed, safety, reliability and capacity improvements, with immediate 'dual" benefits to the existing intercity and regional services.

I also expect FRA, in its next HSIPR thought process iteration, regardless of who wins the national elections, will also be likely to require more comprehensive planning steps, to assure project readiness, in order to avoid another "not" shovel ready potential HSR fiasco fueled to ruin in a blatant political feeding frenzy, like we saw with the CHSRA.

Meanwhile, we will see the usual rantings and ravings from the various political clowns, of various and dubious stripes, and other assorted ham actors.... There will be much public condemnation and abuse of the CHSRA, all of it richly deserve. But, with little real action to endanger the actual Federal funds, by anyone with any real power, regardless of party, so they can be reprogrammed, after the EIS/EIS is tossed by the Court.

It's all a big game being played out right now with the public and the various arrayed political factions, but these are my current HSR predictions.

Life was a lot simpler back when I watched men land on the moon at Taylor Roundhouse on John Permar's portable TV, while hostling choo choo's for the old SP.............

One small step for man........?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Some senators push for shift in bullet train plan OC Mike 06-27-2012 - 13:28
  Re: Some senators push for shift in bullet train plan BOB2 06-27-2012 - 15:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com