Re: RailPac Proposal to "Relocate" Bob Hope Station-Not?
Author: BOB2
Date: 09-20-2012 - 08:47

I did get my copy of the Rail Pac publication this month, and it contained what was either a really dumb proposal, or a gross typo, that seemed to propose the "relocation" of the current station at Bob Hope Airport to the Antelope Valley Line?

The Bob Hope Airport is studying a proposed "additional" rail station serving the airport and surrounding employment centers at Hollywood Way. There is not any proposal I'm aware of for replacing or relocating the existing highly successful LOSSAN/Metrolink Station opposite the new BHA Transportation Center on Empire.

The "additional" Hollywood Way/Bob Hope Airport station would serve expanded AVL line Metrolink services, and could serve as a station for Mike Antonovich's proposed direct Palmdale to San Diego intercity rail services, as well as possibly serving HSR and DX train services via Palmdale.

Initial programming of resources for the Bob Hope Airport Hollywood Way AVL line station is underway at the LACMTA. Groundbreaking for this station could be as early as next Fall.

So I'm confused by the map reference and the article, is Rail Pac itself proposing "relocation" of the Empire BHA Station? And, if so, why?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  RailPac Meeting Thomas 09-15-2012 - 23:57
  Re: RailPac Proposal to "Relocate" Bob Hope Station-Not? BOB2 09-20-2012 - 08:47
  More of this "Tehachapi Dogleg" Nonsense? An Informed Mathematician 09-21-2012 - 09:34
  Re: More of this "Tehachapi Dogleg" Nonsense? mook 09-21-2012 - 13:16
  Re: More of this "Tehachapi Dogleg" Nonsense? Curious 09-21-2012 - 15:25
  Re: More of this "Tehachapi Dogleg" Nonsense? mook 09-21-2012 - 17:37
  Re: More of this "Tehachapi Dogleg" Nonsense? Curious 09-21-2012 - 23:25

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com