Port of Long Beach Train Tours
Author: Richard Elgenson
Date: 10-04-2012 - 17:34

Got my latest copy of "re:port" in the mail today and see the info for Port Train Tours being run on October 20 and 21. Since they are not holding the annual Port fest this year, they are running one hour train tours instead. They will have the usual Metrolink trainset and run 3 one hour tours per day. Don't bother to click or call though as all of the seats are reserved and the waiting list is full too. With an hour, they will probably cover more ground than in past years. Could be interesting if you have a seat. Then again, some folks might want to observe and photograph the train on its circuit. Oooh, I wonder how many of those will be harassed by law enforcement? I did call the port and they seemed pleased with enough with the response that they may consider the possibility of doing this again sooner than in one year. Trains depart (likely near their admin. building) at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. both days. The train will most certainly head back towards downtown LA via Alameda Corridor soon after the final tour. Clear your calendar.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Port of Long Beach Train Tours Richard Elgenson 10-04-2012 - 17:34
  Re: Port of Long Beach Train Tours Train Track 10-04-2012 - 17:44
  Re: Port of Long Beach Train Tours Richard Elgenson 10-04-2012 - 18:07
  Re: Port of Long Beach Train Tours USMC1401 10-04-2012 - 19:25
  Re: Port of Long Beach Train Tours Z-Train 10-04-2012 - 20:50
  Re: Port of Long Beach Train Tours Port of Long Beach 10-05-2012 - 15:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com