BNSF Woodinville Sub Deal
Author: George Andrews
Date: 11-02-2007 - 14:30

I'm sure Larry Grant will cover this on Saturday's newsline, but I just have to comment on the latest deal regarding the Woodinville Sub, as printed in the Friday Seattle P - I newspaper.
"Here's the deal: the port will pay BNSF 103 Million for the corridor, which stretches 33 miles from Renton to Snohomish... The corridor's single railroad track would continue to provide freight service to businesses between Woodinville and Snohomish; the rest of the corridor between Renton and Woodinville, would be leased to the county for the recreational trail."
Perhaps Ron Sims & the Port of Seattle commissioners are tired of working in the public sector, for their plan to convert the southern portion of the line to A TRAIL has convinced me who to vote for( or against), next Tuesday. Hey guys, Ya ever drive I - 405 thru the Eastside; say from Woodinville to Renton??? This stretch of Hiway is, by the state DOT's own study, the most congested roadway in Washington state. And it is within A MILE OR 2 OF THE TRACKS!!! HOW ABOUT LIGHT RAIL ??? DMU's ??? I'd even settle for a BUSWAY!!! I guess the Rectal - Cranial insertions suffered by the above - named public officials must have been very well done...
Dick Seelye, wadda ya think...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  BNSF Woodinville Sub Deal George Andrews 11-02-2007 - 14:30
  Response, short form Dick Seelye 11-02-2007 - 15:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com