Re: Update on Midland, TX
Author: Speeder Kevin
Date: 12-22-2012 - 08:26

After traveling to Europe and looking intently at their crossing times, no one here would stand for even lengthening the times to near what they have over the pond.

When I was in Sweden I videoed the main SJ crossing just outside a small village called Järna on Hölövagen. When the bells started, there was about 15 seconds before two of the four quadrant gates started lowering, when down the other two started down. The gates were down for a good 45 seconds before I could even hear the approaching electric train in the distance. Probably another 30 seconds later the train was at the crossing. There is a sign at most high speed crossings that says "Stäng av motorn" or "Turn off the engine", as you will be waiting a bit for the train to pass.

Try doing that here with our 'no time to waste' mentality at railroad crossings and see what the results are. 20 seconds...maybe a little short but anything longer would produce more 'issues'.

I just wish on single track or newer systems that the gates would go up sooner after a train clears the island circuits.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Update on Midland, TX OPRRMS 12-21-2012 - 10:54
  Re: Update on Midland, TX J 12-21-2012 - 12:29
  Re: Update on Midland, TX Espee99 12-21-2012 - 12:45
  Re: Update on Midland, TX OPRRMS 12-21-2012 - 12:57
  Re: Update on Midland, TX Speeder Kevin 12-22-2012 - 08:26

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com