Re: Mystery Tower in Oakland-- WP
Author: Dr Zarkoff
Date: 01-13-2013 - 19:03

I think it's the corner of the WP commissary building, and the post-pier and ferry CZ's "launching pad" was located just behind it. The tin building in the right background is Moore Drydock (part of it is still around as in Schnitzer Steel's scrapyard operations), the gas holder (long gone) is over by Grove St. and the SP's line to Niles, and the old Aldeline overpass is visible in the left background (replaced in the 1980s with a spiffy new concrete one). As I recall, the crossbucks are on a street which started at Maritime St (unnamed on my Flying A map), crossed the WP's tracks at the west end of the WP's commissary and passenger yard, but not Ferro St. I forget where it wound up but there were to SP red electric bodies used as lunchrooms beyond the WP's passenger yard (unless I have the lcoation mixed up and they were on Ferro St or one if it's tributaries). This street now goes into APL's yard, unless APL has changed names.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Mystery Tower in Oakland-- WP Ken Shattock (KRK) 01-13-2013 - 17:23
  Re: Ken... Jon 01-13-2013 - 18:57
  Re: Ken... Dr Zarkoff 01-13-2013 - 19:11
  Re: Mystery Tower in Oakland-- WP Dr Zarkoff 01-13-2013 - 19:03
  Re: Mystery Tower in Oakland-- WP Ken Shattock (KRK) 01-13-2013 - 20:08
  Re: Mystery Tower in Oakland-- WP Steve H 01-13-2013 - 19:28
  Maggie Tower Eugene 01-14-2013 - 07:53

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com