Re: Western Maryland steam winter freight (photos)
Author: John West
Date: 01-27-2013 - 18:02

I'm a big fan of Matthew's artistic style. Having been on the trip with him, it is particularly interesting to see how he viewed things and captured fascinating images. I was rather put off by the overcast and foggy weather that prevailed much of the time, but it did offer some good photo ops for those who took advantage of what it offered. Matthew did much more than I did, but my own far more traditional images can be found here HERE. The Western Maryland Scenic is a short but sharply graded line with a couple of very nice photo locations. And the 734 with its large tender is a nice recreation of the Western Maryland's big 2-8-0's, and puts on a great show. It is a long way from the West Coast but definitely worth a visit.

JBWX

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Western Maryland steam winter freight (photos) Matthew 01-27-2013 - 03:15
  Re: Western Maryland steam winter freight (photos) Tom Moungovan 01-27-2013 - 06:02
  Re: Western Maryland steam winter freight (photos) BOB R 01-27-2013 - 15:17
  Re: Western Maryland steam winter freight (photos) Margaret (SP fan) 01-27-2013 - 15:28
  Re: Western Maryland steam winter freight (photos) John West 01-27-2013 - 18:02
  Re: Western Maryland steam winter freight (photos) Matthew 01-28-2013 - 15:33

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com