Re: Topic gone?
Author: David.Curlee
Date: 03-22-2013 - 02:09

I've been deleting Trainorders.com flame wars for the past six years. During that time I've explained to both Rich and Andy my reasons for doing so numerous times. They don't like the explanations I give them and yet they keep coming back. There's really nothing more I can say to you guys except I'm sorry you disagree with the way I run things. This is my call, not yours.

For everybody else reading this, Rich is correct that the moderation is not always consistent. I don't have the time, energy, or desire to sit here and look for things to delete. Quite often the posts which get deleted are brought to my attention by other people.

The only threads (or topics) I recall deleting in recent times involve Trainorders, insults directed toward a lawyer in Oregon, and posts written by a cognitively impaired, tree-climbing railfan who says some off the wall things. I won't mention his name but the majority of you know who it is -- and yes, I've confirmed it is indeed him and not an imposter. If it wasn't for others relentlessly attacking him when he posts I wouldn't delete his threads.

That's pretty much it. All it takes is common sense to prevent your post from being deleted.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Topic gone? smitty195 03-21-2013 - 22:23
  Re: Topic gone? smitty195 03-21-2013 - 22:24
  Re: Topic gone? Goldminer 03-21-2013 - 22:47
  Re: Topic gone? Jeff 03-21-2013 - 23:54
  Re: Topic gone? OPRRMS 03-22-2013 - 00:04
  Re: Topic gone? Get Real 03-22-2013 - 00:22
  Re: Topic gone? David.Curlee 03-22-2013 - 02:09

Go to:Message ListSearch
This Thread has been closed
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com