Re: SP in LA Area - 1946 link is good
Author: Richard Elgenson
Date: 03-26-2013 - 17:32

OK, no more weather reports. I watched the rest of the video and could identify "San Fernando" station @ 8:40, which means they are on the line to/from Saugus. Lots of aircraft parts companies and automobile wrecking yards are visible along the route in the first 4 or 5 minutes. Lots of gasoline stations. We don't have Texaco here anymore. The line from Burbank Junction to Chatsworth passes Burbank Airport while the Saugus line passes Whiteman Airport. My dad had a Piper at Whiteman and my mom knew nothing about it! I like the wisps of smoke passing the camera lens. Whomever shot this got some quality film considering they were on a steam train. If I remember to watch it again, I'll research some of the business names along the routes and compare some of the street intersections to maps. Since you cannot mow your lawn for a few more weeks, you may google too. Thanks for posting the video.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SP in LA Area - 1946 Ron W 03-25-2013 - 17:55
  Re: SP in LA Area - 1946 Ron W 03-25-2013 - 17:58
  Re: SP in LA Area - 1946 link is good Richard Elgenson 03-25-2013 - 18:27
  Re: SP in LA Area - 1946 link is good Ron W 03-26-2013 - 08:46
  Re: SP in LA Area - 1946 link is good Richard Elgenson 03-26-2013 - 17:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com