Re: Pictures of Eugene, Oregon SP shops
Author: LPNGANDY
Date: 04-04-2013 - 20:16

I live fairly close to the Eugene Yard. UP has been doing a lot of cleaning up the last couple of years there, and they have been trying to sell or lease some of the unused land, which is considerable. At least, that is what I have heard. There is still much sorting and switching going on here, and business looks like it is growing. The shops are being used by CORP and Coos Bay Rail Link, sometimes, as needed. Amtrak parks their trains by the shop for nightly cleaning and overnight tie-up, for the run of the commuter trains north of here. There is some UP repair work, wheel sets for one thing, done out in the Oregon rain. The large turntable was still usable as of a couple of weeks ago, I noticed, though covered with weeds. I had not heard about tearing down the shops, but they are looking to be in very bad shape. I will try to get a few pictures without getting run off again. Most of the material and supply storage is here also, to be sent out in all directions. One caboose is parked by the old hump, too.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Pictures of Eugene, Oregon SP shops SP fan 04-03-2013 - 12:29
  Re: Pictures of Eugene, Oregon SP shops Graham Buxton 04-03-2013 - 17:10
  Re: Pictures of Eugene, Oregon SP shops SGB 04-04-2013 - 17:46
  Re: Pictures of Eugene, Oregon SP shops LPNGANDY 04-04-2013 - 20:16
  Re: Pictures of Eugene, Oregon SP shops Don B 04-04-2013 - 21:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com