Re: Wa state grain cars
Author: Dave Smith
Date: 11-27-2007 - 18:10

I was going to mention this. Last week, day or so before Thanksgiving, a set of 5 older BNSF hoppers were loaded at Fallon on the P&L. Later that day, I saw the northbound pick them up along with about a dozen other hoppers from other sites, not sure where those others came from since Moscow ID rail accounts are just about all shut down now. It was getting dark and I didn't really see if those others were PCC cars or WSGT cars, but they looked like ex-UP e.g. gray paint. It was somewhat suprising (the Fallon action) because those sidings had been filled with stored tanker cars. Now there's a set of centerbeams at Fallon. Go figure.

In Palouse, just bout every available siding is being used to store centerbeams, and all the grain from those elevators seems to be loaded into semis. Haven't been farther up north to Oaksdale or Thornton, so I have no idea what's going on there.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Wa state grain cars Ross Hall 11-27-2007 - 16:45
  Re: Wa state grain cars Dave Smith 11-27-2007 - 18:10
  Re: Wa state grain cars Marc 11-28-2007 - 07:33
  Re: Wa state grain cars 1234 11-28-2007 - 17:12

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com